Monday, September 19, 2011

Emmys 2011

It's that time of the year again and don't we just love a red carpet?

I could review each look, what I like, what I don't like but you know, I only feel like talking about the looks that I really liked this year and why.

Aubrey Plaza in Juan Carlos Obando
 So I start with my absolute favourite. I love Aubrey Plaza in this white Juan Carlos Obando dress. She looks effortless yet glamorous.
{Not to mention how much I love her character in Parks and Recreation}

Evan Rachael Wood in Elie Saab
 Love the style and cut of this Elie Saab dress, I would wear it in a heartbeat. Her hair, make-up and jewels complete it all so perfectly. So glamorous... 

Cat Deeley in Monique Lhuillier
 This dress is so pretty. The details of the beading and the tie around the waist are just lovely

Kaley Cuoco in Romona Keveza
This is sweet. The dress has a lovely neckline with the one shoulder overlay. The red is a great compliment to the dress.

Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan
 Channeling the old Hollywood glamour, I like this look. I'm not usually a fan of red {and there was alot of it this year} but this Donna Karan dress is beautiful. She's close to being overstyled but hey, it is Hollywood and the red carpet so go for it Nina.

Minka Kelly in Christian Dior
I wasn't hit straight away with this Dior dress that Minka is wearing but the more I looked at it, it is very pretty. Her hair, make-up and jewels all works so well for her.

Rachael Taylor in Armani
Ok, so I'm not in love with this Armani dress but I do like it and Rachael does wear it well. I posted her because, well she's an Aussie but her hair and make-up is beautiful and as a total look she looks good.

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt in Elie Saab
My favourite couple of the night. Not just because they are so button cute but they look like such a stylish pair on the red carpet. Loving Emily's dress perhaps would have pulled the hair a little tighter or just slightly restyled the loose look, but hey who am I to criticise? They both look fab.


So who did you like at this year's Emmys?




1 comment:

anyaadores said...

I am loving the Romona Keveza dress - the shoulder details is awesome.
Have a nice day sweets,
Axx